Friday, August 26, 2011

So here it goes...

My 83 year old friend suggested (strongly) that I should begin writing about my life. She did the same for her daughter. I laughed and told her that she remembered more about her 83 years than I did about my 49. She assured me that the more I remembered and wrote, the more I would remember.

As the poem states, "Thursdays child has far to go." I was born Thursday, July 12, 1962 at General Hospital in Greenville, MS. Kermit, the Frog, was also born in Greenville. His daddy was born in Leland, right down the road. My parents were 17 1/2 & 22. They had been married one year and 11 days. 
My daddy, Robert Cecil Parish, worked at the carpet mill. My mother, Mildred Dianne Pernell Parish was home with me. I do know we lived at 331 Mulberry Dr. for a while before moving to W. Barton Dr. in Greenwood. My daddy went to work for Midwest Farms and my mom worked at the picture frame factory. We lived there for a few years before moving to Philipp to live in my paternal grandparents' house. My "Big Mama" died and my daddy and his older brother were the only family still living in MS. The house was orginally left to my Uncle Norman. He in turn sold it to my daddy. I lived in Philipp until 1984 when I moved to Tyler. I haven't looked back or regetted it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment